Kelly Rud, Case Manager and Legal Nurse Consultant with Rehab Associates, attended the AALNC (American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants) Annual Forum in Louisville, Kentucky, April 4-6, 2019.
This conference offered attendees a variety of educational opportunities. These allowed Kelly to attain new knowledge and skills related to legal nurse consulting, learn about marketing those skills and improve client satisfaction and outcomes. She was able to network with colleagues to exchange ideas and explore trends. The information obtained will help Kelly, help you, her clients!
Some of the sessions Kelly attended include:
- Analyzing Past Medical Bills.
- Big Pharma – Emerging Issues in Drug and Device Litigation.
- Outpatient Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery – same day surgeries expected to the new standard. In 2020 it is predicted there will be 1.2 million hip and/or knee replacements
- Medication Misadventures
- Cervical Spine Surgery Complications and Legal Issues
- HIPAA and Proper EHR/EMR Usage
- Removal of the Wrong Organ – Standard of Care or Malpractice.
Rehab Associates encourages all of their team to continue their specialty education. This was a great forum to do just that and to meet legal nurse consultants from other areas of the United States. Also, she was able to share the information she learned with her local team members.