Chris Madsen, Claims Associates General Counsel, attended a DRI conference in New Orleans. This conference was focused on Civil Rights and Governmental Tort Liability, and gave a chance to:
- Participate in panel discussion with attorneys from both sides of the bar in law enforcement litigation
- Hear renowned constitutional scholars discuss the latest cases from SCOTUS, updates on qualified immunity and claims against government clients under the ADA
- Attend a breakout session on law enforcement, education and land use.
DRI is the largest international membership organization of attorneys defending the interests of business and individuals in civil litigation, with diversity at the core. They seek out and embrace the innumerable benefits and contributions that the perspectives, background, cultures, and life experiences a diverse membership provides.
Some of the other learning opportunities of the conference included:
- How to prepare for appeals
- Practical tips on obtaining social media evidence in discovery to use in litigation
- How to represent government clients ethically
- Latest technologies available to police departments
- Trends in qualified immunity claims, jail condition/medical treatment claims and ADA claims