At Claims Associates, our employees believe keeping active in the community not only helps the community, but also makes us better at what we do everyday, serving our customers. It keeps us in touch with our churches, associations, schools and others that assist us in what we do every day, and make us better at our jobs.
Since the last time we gave kudos to some of our employees for their volunteering efforts, below are some of the events and opportunities we’ ve been involved with:
- Chad Moore takes on responsibility of one of the beer tents at Sioux Falls JazzFest. This entails getting enough volunteers to help man the beer tent for the entire festival. Some of the Claims Associates employees who assisted Chad this year are:
Jennifer Adrisen Selzler
- Lynette DeJong, who has a passion for animals, rallied the troops to make donations of food, toys, and money for the Sioux Falls Area Humane Society.
- Wendi Peterson assisted First Lutheran Church in Volga, acting as the church planning council secretary for 7 years! She just “retired” from that volunteer position.
- Alex Mentele coached the Holy Spirit Church slow pitch softball team.
- Collin Karsky is a youth group leader at St. Michael Church where they do many volunteer projects throughout the year.
- Jennifer Andrisen Selzler served as a Chairperson for the Lincoln High School Senior Party 2018, in addition to working with Food2U Mobile Food Pantry, and Kids Chance Scholarship Committee Co-Chair.
- Jeff Jares continues to serve as Finance Chair at Southern Hills Methodist and Board Chair of DakotAbilities. Jeff just recently became a Trustee at Dakota Wesleyan University, now sitting on the Board of Trustees.
- Deb Whipple continues with ongoing health ministry at the West Nidaros Luthern Church, and leads a fitness group 2 days a week.
- Deb Behrend has assisted events for Feeding South Dakota, Live Well Sioux Falls, Simon Says Give (Kids vs. Cops), Childrens Safety Village, The State Theater, The Pink Party for American Cancer Society and Zoo Boo at the Great Plans Zoo in Sioux Falls.
- Currently we, as many other businesses, are holding our annual United Way fund drive.
Claims Associates thanks all our employees for their service to their communities.